Are you getting bored with your classic clothes? We need simple, classic clothes as a backbone to our wardrobes, but sometimes it gets a bit boring to wear the same styles and colors.
That’s when you need to jazz up your wardrobe. Here are 5 ways to make a plain outfit chic in an instant.
1. Choose one spot to focus on, and add an embellishment, such as a jeweled pin or a chain-linked watch. But don’t go overboard. Add one new and interesting piece at a time, so it becomes the focal point of your outfit.
2. Scale the embellishment to your body type. If you are petite, keep your jewelry on the small, delicate side. A large, chunky belt, necklace or bracelet will look overwhelming on a small frame. On the other hand, if you are large boned, add something bold and memorable, such as an unusual necklace in wood or stone. A woman with a larger frame can carry it off. Anything too small and delicate will be lost to the eye.
3. Keep your colors simple. If you begin with bright colors, and add jewels or sequins, you’ll confuse the eye. Start with a simple background, and add something sensational, like a gorgeous and unusual necklace. People’s eyes will be drawn to the necklace and to your face, which is a good thing!
4. Use jewelry and accessories to draw the eye to your best features. For example, if you have a slim waist, a bold belt will show it off to advantage. But if your waist isn’t your best feature, draw the eyes upwards with a unique pin or necklace. Or add some sparkling earrings – but keep the rest of your jewelry simple. You can also showcase your beautiful hands with a bold or delicate ring in a gemstone or pearl.
5. Use accessories such as an oversized handbag, or shoes in the latest style or color, add pizzazz to your outfit. Shoes or handbags with hardware such as buckles are also fashionable, and you can change them with the seasons.
Choose one or two unique items that you love to show off your personal style and jazz up your classic outfits. You’ll look special, without spending a fortune!